The hiatus explained: an apology and reparations
Hello. If you happen to have been following this practically nonexistant blog, and are still with me, then kudos to you (or your RSS feed). I would like to explain the delays in my beginning a regular interaction with Files from the Emerald Isle (hereafter referred to as islefile, or my blog, or whatever nickname I choose). This blog was ordained with the intent to supplement my podcast, Sound Files from the Emerald Isle. But just as my college-that-I'm-not-at-right-now Bates was originally founded in 1855 as the Maine State Seminary School (school for priests/clergy) but was dubiously changed to a liberal arts college after only 2 years*, I have made the decision to give this blog the freedom to act independently of the podcast.
Now, under ordinary circumstances this would not be neccessary, as I should have taken it into my own hands to create and host the podcasts. However, a curious opportunity presented itself. Upon my matriculation into Trinity College I discovered the NetSoc (short for Internet Society) which, for a small entrance fee, would provide free hosting of any files I wish, as well as a network of like-minded people (read: geeks) who would, in theory, provide help or comradery if I needed either. So I joined the club, waited duly for them to contact me, checked their website, approached their table, sent an email to an officer, submitted a network storage request, waited some more, and sent another email, all currently to no avail. Now, it's been three months, you say! Well actually it's only been two since I started with them, but the wait is nonetheless inexcusable. I have placed my trust in an untrustworthy band of strumpets. (Fianna, even!) Now I will continue to get access to my paid-for rights as a member, but I will humbly ask those of you who miss my voice to be patient. Of course you could also get Skype, which is free.
Whether you have been waiting in agony for me to post once again to islefile, or have since given up and are rediscovering and reading my resuscitated ramblings, or are merely discovering it now, I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you've been suffering. In reparation for your misery, I grant you a gift... This blog will now regularly contain pictures! I have snagged some pictures from friends, as I often do, since I historically have not been a photographer. However, I have also been acquiring and accumulating low-resolution images in my new phone! Currently I have no method of transferring pictures from phone to computer to internet, even though I have a cable that connects phone to computer (cheaper than buying a UK charger!) To load the pictures I must buy software, only available to me stateside. The good news is that I will be on the side of said States in a mere 2 weeks! The other pictures will have to do till then. I'll be chronicling what is available of my first term in Ireland thus far until then.
If you're even more curious and impatient about what has been happening to me since I've been here, you can read my intermittent and moody ramblings over at:
http://www.livejournal.com/~rowr2tame
That is all for now. I am considering including some rudimentary Irish along with my posts, so I'll start with this. But no promises about future language learning.
Tóg go bog é
(Take it easy)
*and thus the dubious use of "ordained" explains itself!

1 Comments:
WE WANTED NUDE PICS
Post a Comment
<< Home